This update on MVS Turnkey 4 is discontinued and superceded by MVS 3.8J Turnkey 5.
I have created a new set of disks on top of Jürgen Winkelsmann's MVS Turnkey 4. These updates are installed on top of update 08 of his distribution. I have chosen for a different approach. Now you can download a complete TK4 system or only the modified disks.
MVS is a mainframe operating system of the years seventies until the middle of the eighties. MVS TK4- is OS/VS2 release 3.8J. Successors of MVS 3.8J are MVS/XA, MVS/ESA, OS/390 and z/OS.
You will find MVS TK4- on his site
I have installed:
- Hyperion Hercules SDL 4.50 64 bit Windows version and 64 bit Linux version. The other operating systems stays on Hyperion Hercules SDL 4.3.99999 (only if you install the complete system) *NEW
- PTF RRKF007: update on RAKF to remove the need of alphabetical order of the members USERS and PROFILES. *NEW
- Perpetual Calendar, VTOC utility (ISPF 3.7), UCB display and ISPF log and list. *NEW
- Updated FTP deamon (start with /S FTPD), Hercules SDL should be present *NEW
- TSO command LOOKMVS with alias LOOK. A TSO command to look in the active storage *NEW
- Rebuild of DSSDUMP and DSSREST in SYS2.DSSSRC and SYS2.DSSLIB and SYS2.DSSLIB added in IEAAPF00
see jobs $ASMDUMP, $ASMREST, $DSSREST and $DSSDUMP in SYS2.DSSSRC.
rework ZAP member DSSDUMP$ to add check of resource DSSAUTH in the FACILITY class.
- PDS 22.214.171.124 with RPFED and RPFBR subcommands *NEW
- FSE 2.0, a simple but effective editor *NEW
- DSCOPY with prerequisites PDSCOPY and IFALC
- CALNDR2 sample with new ISPF API module LBISPL
- REVIEW 50.4
- RPF 1.9.4. *NEW
- BREXX370 V2R5M2 *NEW
- Latest version of IMON
- ISPF option 5 with ISPOPT5
- ISPF option 3.DC with DSCOPY
- INTERCOMM, a CICS like application
submit job RUNICOM in SYS2.JCLLIB to start Intercomm
- ISPF 2.2
- New SPOOL volume with VOL=SER=SPOOL0
- Intercomm 3380 volume with vol=ser=INT001
- ALGOL 2.1 upgrade of Tom Armstrong *NEW
- COBOL Bufsize fix (job $COBOLZP in SYS2.TK4ROB.CNTL)
- EDIT, a console editor to make emergency updates on libraries like SYS1.PROCLIB
- ARCHIVER (file 147 on www.cbttape.org)
- New ISPF panels for RPF 3.4, RPF edit, browse, PDS and Reset stats
- NJE38 V230
- OS/360 Sort/Merge for MVS 3.8. Download PDF manuals from SORT.MVS38.CNTL members $INSGUID and $APLGUID
- CUTIL00 updated from V1R1M00 to V1R1M05 *NEW
- LISTDSJ updated from V1R0M40 to V2R0M00 *NEW
- CCOMPR updated from V0R9M00 to V0R9M01 *NEW
- ISPF option 3.12 (SUPERC) and Option 3.13 (SUPERCE)
- ISPF option 4 with the RPF foreground assembler
- ISPF option M of ISPF with the "old" TSOAPPLS menu
- ISPF option M.R (RECEIVE)
- ISPF option M.XM (XMIT)
The following usermods are applied:
ZP60009 rework(20221126) *NEW,
The following usermod(s) are updated
ZJW0007: add subsystem EDIT.
The following usermod(s) are deleted
TMVS805, superseded by ZP60039
ZUM0003, superseded by ZJW0006
The '=x' fix of RFE.
Some JCC errors
In SYS1.PARMLIB I haved added IEALPA00. This member becomes active if you specify MLPA=00 in IEASYS00. IEALPA00 contains 38 RPF modules and 4 aliasses.
The HERC01.REVPROF, HERC02.REVPROF, HERC03.REVPROF and HERC04.REVPROF datasets are deleted (REVIEW does not need them anymore).
I have allocated HERC01/2/3/4.ISP.PROF for ISPF and REVIEW and I have allocated HERC01/2/3/4.ISP.PLIB to create your own ISPF panels.
The procedure ADDUSER contains now allocations for &SYSUID.EXEC, &SYSUID.ISP.PLIB and &SYSUID.ISP.PROF libraries.
The initial CLIST is changed and will not call TSOAPPLS anymore, but will go directly to ISPF.
You can download the complete system or the updates by clicking on one of the buttons below:
This modification contains of the updated disks:
And the following new disks:
- MOD001, 3390
- MOD002, 3390
- MOD003, 3390
- MOD004, 3390
- SPOOL0, 3350
- INT001, 3380
Therefore you need to add the following lines in the hercules configuration file tk4-.conf
0242 3350 dasd/spool0.242
0181 3380 dasd/int001.181
0198 3390 dasd/mod001.198
0199 3390 dasd/mod002.199
019a 3390 dasd/mod003.19a
019b 3390 dasd/mod004.19b
If installing the complete system, the new TK4- configuration file is included.
The other disks are identical with the disks of the original version (update 08) of Jürgen's site
- The complete TK4+ system is indeed a complete system with Hercules, all the conf files, manuals and of course the MVS TK4- system with my modifications.
- The modifications are only the new- and update volumes.
- If you use this system for the first time, downloading the complete system is recommended.
- If using the modifications only, please download and run the catalog job.
The TK4+ system is not downloadable anymore. TK4+ is superceded bij MVS 3.8J Turnkey 5
These are the CBT and SRC volumes of Volker Bandke's TK3 system and the SYSCPK volume of Jay Mosely. Install this file as follows:
- Download srccbt.zip by clicking on the button below;
- Place the zip file in the root of your tk4 system;
- Unzip the file in place. Replace the files if asked;
- IPL your system (mvs.bat for windows or ./mvs for Linux);
- Run this job to catalog the datasets on the CBT-, SRC- and SYSCPK volumes.